If you’d like to book a workshop, skillshare, musical show or event at Twee, please do! Email A.C. at email@example.com.
Note on (Federal Reserve) Notes: All instructors and workshop leaders are responsible for choosing their own pricing for events, though no one will ever be turned away from a Twee event due to lack of funds. Please contact us if you need to discuss alternate options. Thank you.
Homemade Japanese Series
Part 1: Homemade Sake and Pickled Ginger
Part 2: Homemade Miso and Soy Sauce
Past Workshops at Twee Included:
- Tincture Making
- Salve Making
- Lip Balm Making
- Cheese Making
- Gardening Tool Repair
- Sunday, May 26th 4pm-8pm Natural Dyes of Spring with Katie Grove
- Thursday, May 30th 5pm-8pm Twee is hosting HudsonValley CRAFT for a Value Added Product Making Workshop
- Friday, June 14th 4pm-7pm Twee will be sharing tips about Herb Gardening at the Clermont Farm, Food, and Music Festival
- Sunday, June 23rd 5-8pm: Medicine Through The Ages by Certified Herbalist AnnMarie Tedeschi and a segment on Witch Hunts including the modern day witch hunt; The War On Drugs by A.C. Stauble
- Wednesday, July 17th 5-8pm: A Riot in the Garden with Stand Up Chameleon Jackson Gillman. Young and old alike laughed and enjoyed the singing and story telling of Jackson under the shade of the Twee Arbor with delicious farm food and homemade carrot cake.
- Saturday, August 17th 7pm: Clown Babe and Global Gaurdiners taking their shenanigans from Philadelphia to the Hudson Valley! See Clown Babe as she completes amazing acts of hula hooping, aerial acrobatics and roller skating… all at the same time?!?!! Puppets, circus, story telling and more! Soulful down-to-earth rock n’ roll with tinges of blues and soul and a knack for experimentation.
- Tuesday, August 20th 6pm: Hoolah Hooping Workshop and Full Moon Fire and Pizza Party hosted by local hooping expert Sarah Preston. All ages welcome.
- Wednesday, September 11 6pm: Plant Walk with ‘Plant Lady’ Laura Dahlia Wyeth. Explore and deepen our connection with plants common to our home.
- Thursday, November 14, 2013 from 7pm-9pm Sourdough Bread Making Workshop lead by Chrisso Babcock. coyotekitchens.com
- Sunday, November 17th 2013 from 1-3pm How to Make Your Own Herbal Remedies: Tinctures, Mushroom Decoctions and Vinegars with Certified Herbalist Stephanie Hertel.
- Thursday, November 21, 2013 from 7pm-9pm Farm Cheese Making Workshop with Chrisso Babcock. coyotekitchens.com
- Saturday, November 23, 2013 from noon-2pm Chicken Slaughter and Processing Workshop lead by Britt Florio. Process chickens from start to finish, covering de-feathering, eviscerating, edible organ meats, butchering into common cuts, utilizing the whole animal, and tips for cooking backyard raised chickens.
- A 7 week class offered by SUNY Ulster, hosted at Twee, from starting September 19th from 6:30-9pm Homesteader’s Kitchen Intensive: For thousands of years, people made their own delicacies, medicines, and complex foods in their own kitchens. This class presents a sweeping overview, both historical and practical, on how to use the kitchen to create these ancestral luxuries. Topics cover homemade wines and meads (honey wines), soft and hard cheeses, sourdough grains and breads, herbal teas, tinctures and salves, plus traditional preserves of vegetables and fruits; historical and nutritional knowledge will accompany all hands-on skills. The course will end with a feast in which the class shares what was learned and sample some the group’s creations. The materials fee covers ingredients and supplies. Students can expect to leave most sessions with something they have created. The instructor, Chrisso Babcock, teaches at Tweefontein Herb Farm and Coyote Kitchen Workshops. Course Cost: $165 paid to SUNY Ulster, $45 materials fee paid first class.